Join Wisconsin Lions Foundation (WLF) for our 27th Annual Birch-Sturm Golf Outing on Saturday, July 20, 2024. This event supports all five projects of the Wisconsin Lions Foundation: Lions Camp, Eyeglass Recycling, Hearing, Diabetes Awareness and Vision Screening.
This year, the event will be held at the Glacier Woods Golf Club in Iola, Wisconsin. The event will consist of a four-person scramble where you could win hole events, door prizes, raffles and up to $10,000 cash. Dinner will also be served.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. – Registration and Driving Range open
- 10:00 a.m. – Lunch available for purchase
- 11:00 a.m. – Shot Gun Start
- 4:00 p.m. – Social and Raffles
- 5:00 p.m. – Dinner, Prizes and Drawing
*Times are subject to change.
In addition to participating in the outing, sponsorship opportunities are also available. By choosing to be a sponsor, you are not only helping fulfill our mission of improving the lives of Wisconsin youth and adults, you are also promoting your club, event or business. Promotional sponsorships are available in a variety of levels:
- Hole Sponsor, $125 – Customized Hole Sign
- Bunker Sponsorship, $250 – Customized Sign Near the Water and Facebook Recognition
- Water Hazard Sponsorship, $500 – Customized Sign On or Near the Water, Website and Facebook Recognition
- Camper Sponsor, $1,000 – Website and Facebook Recognition, Customized Sign for Sponsored 2023 Camper, a Personalized Thank You Letter from a Camper Family
What will you be supporting?
When you donate or sponsor a WLF event, you are helping us to reach, serve and improve the lives of Wisconsin children and adults with disabilities by providing no-cost community wellness initiatives and programs. Specifically, proceeds from the Birch-Sturm Golf Outing support all five of our programs. More details on these programs are provided below:
- Lions Camp: We provide a free camp experience to Wisconsin youth and adults who are blind/visually impaired, deaf/hard of hearing, youth with intellectual disabilities or autism, youth with diabetes and youth with epilepsy. As a WLF project, Lions Camp is primarily funded by donations, fundraisers and grants.
- Eyeglass Recycling: Our Eyeglass Recycling Center is one of only 19 Lions Clubs International Certified Recycling Centers in the world. Annually, 500,000+ pairs of used eyeglasses are processed at the WLF Recycling Center to be sent on Missions to developing countries across the globe.
- Hearing Program: We offer free or low-cost hearing aids to Wisconsinites who qualify for our financial assistance.
- Diabetes Awareness: With our partners, we have created a comprehensive diabetes program to use in building awareness to the public and reducing the potential complications for those with diabetes. Projects include Diabetes Alert Day, door hangers, water bottle labels, educational displays/materials and more.
- Vision Screening: We make children’s vision screening a priority to identify and mitigate vision issues, ensuring every child has the best chance possible to succeed.
Attend and/or Become a Sponsor
All registrations for the Golf Outing are due to the Wisconsin Lions Foundation by July 12, 2024. Registration for the event costs $100 per person, or $25 to attend the dinner only. The general registration fee includes access to the driving range, green fees, golf cart, dinner and prizes. Assignments will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Space is limited to 144 golfers, so make your reservations today!
All Sponsors can contribute to our “swag bags” for participants. This could be literature or a promotional item of some kind. We will be in touch to let you know how many participants will be in attendance for whichever sponsorship you choose.
Learn more about the golf outing by visiting https://wlf.info/golf-outing/, where we’ll be sharing more information once it’s available.