Make A Difference
The Wisconsin Lions Foundation has ample opportunity to make a difference. Either volunteer by using our signups below, Make a Donation or visit our Other Ways to Donate page for many other options to support the Wisconsin Lions Foundation.
Our Volunteer Needs
We have many small projects around our facility and Camp program that we are searching for volunteers to come and assist us. This list is as of March 14, 2022.
To volunteer for the following projects, please email our Facility Director, Pete Rekowski at 715-677-4969.
- Wood cutting and splitting: We are looking for skilled volunteers who are over 18, able to use a chain saw and wood splitter safely to assist us in cleaning up firewood around the facility. Volunteers should bring work gloves and own chainsaw if have own.
- Painting: Seeking skilled painters to assist in repainting rooms and other areas inside various buildings. Must have some experience painting, we will provide the equipment and paint.
- Weeding: Our Friends and Honors garden is a beautiful spot at Camp but needs ongoing care. We’re looking for volunteers who can weed during the spring through fall, either one time or multiple times to keep it looking great. We will provide all equipment, but bring your favorite work gloves.
- Pruning: In the spring, it’s time to get the landscaping around our buildings cleaned up with many shrubs that need pruning. We will provide equipment, but bring your favorite work gloves and/or pruner.
To volunteer for the following projects, please contact our Camp Director, Andrea Yenter at 715-677-4969.
- Curtain replacement: We are looking for volunteers to sew replacement curtains for many of our cabins. Curtains must be made of heavier material to block light as much as possible and be made with fabric related to outdoors, camp or other styles. As fabric prices are costly, we can discuss reimbursement. We have measurements and requirements for those interested.
- Paper donation cutting: We are looking for volunteers to come in and help cut paper that was donated to Camp – we can’t store the giant sheets well so they need to be cut down into paper size for camp usage. Also looking for paper ream boxes to store this paper in. This is ongoing and we’ll take volunteers anytime from now until summer camp time.
- Clean Camp (part one!): Saturday April 2 and Sunday April 3. We’re looking for people who are willing to help us clean up some areas of camp that need organizing, sorting, labeling and general straightening out. This weekend’s focus is our crafts building, program office and back stage area. If you’re able to only help for a few hours, we’ll be working each day from 8:30 AM – 4: 30 PM with lunch and snacks provided.
- Clean Camp (part two!): Saturday April 23 and Sunday April 24. We’re looking for people who are willing to help us clean up some areas of camp that need organizing, sorting, labeling and general straightening out. This weekend’s focus is our basement of the health lodge with Sunday being camp set up day. If you’re able to only help for a few hours, we’ll be working each day from 8:30 AM – 4: 30 PM with lunch and snacks provided.