Make A Difference
The Wisconsin Lions Foundation has ample opportunity to make a difference. Either volunteer by using our signups below, Make a Donation or visit our Other Ways to Donate page for many other options to support the Wisconsin Lions Foundation.
Our Volunteer Needs
We have many small projects around our facility and Camp program that we are searching for volunteers to come and assist us. This list is as of March 27, 2023.
To volunteer for the following projects, please contact our Facility Director, Pete Rekowski at 715-677-4969.
- Wood cutting and splitting: We are looking for skilled volunteers who are over 18, able to use a chain saw and wood splitter safely to assist us in cleaning up firewood around the facility. Volunteers should bring work gloves and own chainsaw if have own.
- Painting: Seeking skilled painters to assist in repainting rooms and other areas inside various buildings. Must have some experience painting, we will provide the equipment and paint.
- Weeding: Our Friends and Honors garden is a beautiful spot at Camp but needs ongoing care. We’re looking for volunteers who can weed during the spring through fall, either one time or multiple times to keep it looking great. We will provide all equipment, but bring your favorite work gloves.
- Pruning: In the spring, it’s time to get the landscaping around our buildings cleaned up with many shrubs that need pruning. We will provide equipment, but bring your favorite work gloves and/or pruner.
To volunteer for the following projects, please contact our Camp Director, Andrea Yenter at 715-677-4969.
- Curtain replacement: We are looking for volunteers to sew replacement curtains for many of our cabins. Curtains must be made of heavier material to block light as much as possible and be made with fabric related to outdoors, camp or other styles. As fabric prices are costly, we can discuss reimbursement. We have measurements and requirements for those interested.
- Paper donation cutting: We are looking for volunteers to come in and help cut paper that was donated to Camp – we can’t store the giant sheets well so they need to be cut down into paper size for camp usage. Also looking for paper ream boxes to store this paper in.
- Camp Program Area set up: Sunday, April 30 from 9 AM until noon. Help us get things set up for the summer. Projects include paper cutting, inventory of medical supplies, set up of archery range, repair of fishing poles, set up of waterfront areas and more! Please RSVP by April 21 so we can plan our workgroups.
Hustle S’more and S’more Fun at Lions Camp:
To volunteer for this event, please contact our Hospitality Director, Phillip Potter at 715-677-4969.
- Hustle S’more for Lions Camp
- S’more Fun at Lions Camp
- General Volunteer Opportunities
Click here for a listing of the event’s volunteer opportunities.