Experience the Joy of Camp All Year Round With WLF’s Off-Season Rental Program
With summer drawing to a close, Lions Camp is preparing for off-season rentals. As many of you know, Lions Camp is owned and operated by the Wisconsin Lions Foundation, Inc. Our camp is a beautiful 440 acre facility with a private 45 acre lake and a variety of comfortable lodging options. Located outside Rosholt, Wisconsin, this setting is a part of what makes Lions Camp so special; it also allows us to rent out our campgrounds to a variety of organizations and groups during our off-season. In addition to the campgrounds and accommodations, we offer food service and a myriad of programming options.
Our off-season begins in September, after summer camp ends, and runs until May. Over the years, we have hosted many conferences, retreats and workshops for a wide array of groups, such as families, school groups and businesses. Many of our rental groups return for many years, and several have been with us for more than 20 years. Groups who have recently stayed with us include:
- Wood and Portage County Health and Human Services
- Wittenberg-Birnamwood Schools
- Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Association
- Wisconsin DNR Water Resources Department
- Mary’s of Neillsville
- Sew Smart
- CM Scrapbooking
- Camp Hope
- Able Trek Tours
- Scent Work Club of Central Wisconsin
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Timbertop Camp
Regardless of the nature of your event, our friendly and skilled staff will assist you in every step of planning your time with us—from setting up meeting spaces to facilitating teambuilding experiences. The money we earn from our off-season rental program helps us provide free camp experiences to our campers during summer. Read on for more information about our off-season rental amenities.
We have a variety of lodging options available. These options have varying levels of space, privacy and amenities to accommodate the needs of different groups.
- Duplex Buildings 1-6: Duplexes 1-6 have cabins with 10 beds each, complete with personal wardrobes for clothing storage. Between the sleeping areas is a comfortable lounge area, complete with a microwave and hotel refrigerator, as well as accessible bathrooms. All duplexes are winterized and offer air conditioning for the warmer months.
- Duplex Buildings 7-8: Duplexes 7 & 8 offer flexibility for our participants. Each duplex has four rooms with five beds each, complete with personal wardrobes for clothing storage. On one end of each duplex is a comfortable lounge area, with a microwave and hotel refrigerator, as well as accessible bathrooms. All duplexes are winterized and offer air conditioning for the warmer months.
- Duplex Building 9: Duplex 9 has the same design as duplexes 1-6; however, it includes an additional meeting space in the lower level.
- Crafts Building: The Crafts Building offers more private accommodations for group leaders who need to have a space to work in, or simply as overflow housing for a program. The building contains two bathrooms, a central lounge area and separate sleeping areas.
- Health Lodge: With 10 private rooms and three bathrooms, the Health Lodge offers the most private lodging. This space is for groups with participants who may need extra privacy or accommodations. The basement may be used for meeting spaces.
- Pinewood Lodge: For larger groups looking to stay close together, consider Pinewood Lodge. The Lodge has six cabins with eight beds each, four bathroom facilities with showers, an upstairs lounge with fireplace, a downstairs meeting room capable of seating 50 people and two smaller breakout rooms. A kitchen facility is also available inside the building for a rental fee of $150.00 per day. Priority will be given to groups who wish to use both Pinewood Lodge and the kitchen.
- RV Sites and Other Camping Options: For groups using some of our other camping facilities, we offer RV and tent camping sites. Our RV sites have electrical hookups. Water and septic hookups are not available.
- Meeting Spaces: All groups who rent lodging with us will be provided one meeting space. The provided meeting spaces will be based on size. Groups of 180 or larger will automatically be considered to have exclusive use of the Camp, including all meeting spaces with no additional charge. Meeting spaces can also be rented on a half-day or daily basis, separate from overnight lodging.
For more information about our lodging options and pricing, view our Pricing Guide, found here: https://www.wisconsinlionscamp.com/facility-use-information/.
Food Service Options
In addition to lodging, Lions Camp offers food service options for off-season rentals. Your group must have a minimum of 25 people to qualify for food service. If you have a smaller group, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss other options, such as local catering companies.
If your group has special dietary or other needs, our Food Service Supervisor is more than capable of planning a menu to meet your participants’ needs. All of our meals are served buffet style and children who are 3 years old and under eat free when accompanied by a guardian. To see our menu options and for information about pricing, view our Pricing Guide.
To help make your time at camp as enjoyable and productive as possible, we offer a myriad of programs and activities to provide opportunities for group bonding, recreation or just plain fun! These programs range from free activities, such as hiking on our trails and sand volleyball, to activities which require camp staff assistance, such as geocaching and our high ropes course. Please see a sample listing of our programs below:
- Arts and Crafts (supplies available to rent)
- Cross Country Skiing (skis available to rent)
- Fishing (poles available to rent)
- Ping Pong
- Sand Volleyball
- Snowshoeing (snowshoes available to rent)
Activities Requiring Staffing
- Climbing Tower
- High Ropes Course
- Low Ropes Course
- Structured Teambuilding
- Wagon Rides
- Youth and Family Boating
To view a complete list of our available off-season programs and activities, as well as pricing, refer to our Pricing Guide.
For more information about our off-season rentals, visit https://www.wisconsinlionscamp.com/off-season-rentals/, or reach out to Phillip Potter at email@example.com or 715-677-4969 ext. 316.
We look forward to working with you to host your conferences, retreats and workshops!